Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In my quest for a healthy family...

As I was making my way through the isles at Big Lots ( one of my favorite stores), I came across a cook book. It had a cute retro flare to it. Being that it was only 3 dollars I decided I need to get it. Upon coming home and reading it I realized that it was an innovative way to bring more vegtables into your families diet. Ive always struggled with a fun way to get the kids to eat vegetables. In a way this book is kind of a "hide and seek" with vegetable's. The author uses different puree's and adds them into foods. She even adds spinach to her brownies!
Deceptively Delicious
So the last couple of days I have visited the local grocery stores and farmers market. I stocked my refrigerator full of fresh vegetables. Yesterday and today I started the process of making purees. I tested a modified version of Macaroni and Cheese 1. I have to say the whole family loved it. My husband, being a vegetable lover, seems a little skeptical. I think he would rather see salad on his plate.
So it's day two and we are making rice balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment